- Date Posted:
- Anamosa, IA
J&P Cycles is seeking to add a Motorcycle Product Specialists to our team. Service Technicians and candidates with heavy motorcycle experience are encouraged to apply!
Manage assigned product lines for all channels of sales. Responsible for sourcing new products within their product lines as well as merchandise the product in their product line. Work closely with buyers to resolve supplier issues.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Manage assigned product lines for all channels of sale.
- Work with catalog, marketing and e-commerce staffs for layout and design placement of product in catalogs, direct mail pieces, website presentations and E-Commerce opportunities.
- Reviews product lines and their performance and makes recommendation for changes.
- Work with merchandiser to develop strategy for promotion of new product, excessive inventory or obsolete inventory.
- Work with merchandisers to develop sales promotions and coordinate with purchasing and suppliers on implementation of promotion.
- Identify partnering opportunities for co-op advertising or promotions of product lines.
- Help with training classes for sales, customer service and technical support staff to improve product knowledge.
- Review product line pricing to insure that our pricing is in line with market.
- Attend trade shows, and major motorcycle events to keep informed on current trends, along with reading periodicals, catalogs and other sources.
- Review market research to anticipate competition and market trends and translate consumer attitudes for new and current products.
- Assist in planning and coordination of product launch.
- Help coordinate and develops marketing, sales, and financial plans for product line.
- Work within a content management system’s framework.
- Understand and be able to Write and speak intelligently about all motorcycle related products.
This job has no supervisory responsibilities.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Previous Merchandising experience is preferred. Must be able to write and speak intelligently about all motorcycle related products.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
Bachelor’s degree (B.A.) from a four-year college or university and two years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or government regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
Ability to apply mathematical operations to such tasks as frequency distribution, determination of test reliability and validity, analysis of variance, correlation techniques, sampling theory, and factor analysis.
Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.